New Beginnings

"It's like life. On one hand, we have beauty and love, and on the other hand we have to take the garbage out once a week."

~ Jon Thompson


I've been in kind of a slump lately. Part of my malaise has to do with the fact that I just moved from Hawai'i, & I miss it there terribly. The other part of my feeling blah has to do with the fact that I haven't been able to find a job with my graduate degree.
I'm back working in a restaurant & it's frustrating. I'm frustrated because I know what my passion is, I know what I want to dedicate my life to, but I'm unable to break into the industry due to the current economic climate.
The one thing that's been helpful to me lately has been the Internet. Sounds weird, I know, but design, and art, and fashion and photography has given me something pretty to look at. & when I'm looking at pretty things, my mind tends to stay more positive, rather than slipping into negativity ("I'll never find a job" , "it's hopeless" etc.).
So, that's what this is all about.
Here I can look at and share some of the small things that bring light into my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...